Thursday, March 13, 2014

My cat, the creep.

I turned on the video monitor in AW's room during afternoon nap to see if he was still sleeping.  And I saw this:

MILLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

MVGC was poking her little whisker face between the bars of the crib trying to ruin my quiet afternoon with DW.  She's always trying to ruin my life!  Luckily, I was able to sneak to the door and let her out of the room before she disturbed my sleeping child.

Though all ended well, I am sure AW took longer than normal trying to fall asleep because of fur face, here. And I have to wonder how MVGC accomplished this feat in the first place.

Before nap, AW and I were in his room reading books with the door closed.  I remember seeing MVGC's shadow outside the door and thinking to myself, "you are so annoying."  Which is why I am certain the door was closed before nap and she was not in the room.  And MVGC is most definitely not the type of cat to learn how to open closed doors.  She is actually very door-challenged.  It's kind of sad.  I remember in our house in Washington she used to sit behind our bedroom door, which was ajar, and just meow because she had no idea what to do.  Sometimes she would attempt to paw open the door but she would only further close it.  She is not the brightest cat in the bunch by a long shot.

So the only explanation is that she snuck by me as I was leaving the room.  Which is also a bit of a stretch, because she is neither stealthy nor fast.  Perhaps she has been working on her cat skills between napping and puking.  Regardless, MVGC, you again are on my list.  No more treats for you if you keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment