Saturday, February 15, 2014

The dishes are done, man.

My absolute least favorite household chore is washing dishes.  Yet cooking three homemade meals a day, one tends to end up with a lot of dirty dishes.

Remember how I mentioned we had no hot water because of a burst pipe?  Yeah, that is still happening.  And guess what?  The dishwasher doesn't work without hot water.  And guess what?  Hand washing dishes in freezing cold water is very disagreeable.  So I have had to heat water in the tea kettle and dump it into the sink.
This is insanity to me and much more work then I feel I signed up for.  When are these amazing robot maids going to be invented?  It's 2014 already for goodness sake.  I fully expected to have a robot maid by now.  Smart people, can we get on that?  Otherwise I'm going to have to keep putting this guy to work.
Note how AW has to lean on the radiator because he is so tired from all the work I make him do around here.  Just kidding.  He loves the vacuum.


But, I digress.  Back to whining about the dishes.  To add insult to injury, this happened:
And this is why we register for 12 place settings, people.  Because one day your dishes will get reckless and spontaneously leap from the counter knowing full well that Crate and Barrel discontinued the pattern.

It's a good thing there is a lot of Valentine's chocolate still left over.  But if this hot water pipe situation doesn't resolve itself soon I'm going to start reenacting scenes from classic 90s movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment