Friday, February 14, 2014

Another V-Day in the books.

I've never been a big fan of V-day, but it is a holiday that involves chocolate candy, so it's not all bad in my book.  My plan for today was to make some red velvet cupcakes, take some cute pictures of the boys, have a nice homemade dinner with HW and then some wine.  Simple and not too sappy, right? Here's my cute pic:

Don't let them fool you with their sweet smiles.  They were total brats today.  AW woke up last night because his room was insanely hot (thanks 1950s sucky heaters) so I brought him into our room.  He decided to stay awake for the next two hours playing with MVGC (the cat) and lovingly caressing our faces as we tried to sleep.  It was really cute.  Really.  Until you realize it's 4 am and you NEED to sleep.  So since he didn't get enough sleep last night, AW was a cranky pants jerk all day, and well, I was one too.  He "helped" me make the cupcakes.
Prep time listed on the recipe:  20 minutes.  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  Oh, Paula Deen, you are funny.  When you have kids, here is how you calculate recipe prep time: multiply the "suggested" prep time by the number of kids you have and then raise that to the fourth power, if you have good nappers divide by three, if you have bad nappers add 30= it took me around four hours to make these damn cupcakes.
Yes, I realize my frosting abilities need work.  The day kind of spiraled downward from there.  We put the kids to bed early and I've got a whole lot of dishes to wash and no hot water in my sink (thanks 100 year old house and burst pipes).  So I am eating cupcakes over the sink like Paul Rudd while HW writes another paper.  Happy stupid Valentine's Day. At least there is yoga tomorrow to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment