Friday, October 3, 2014

Please lick the door quietly.

We were pretty fortunate in AW's first year of life to have avoided any type of sickness.  I was blissfully unaware of earaches and tylenol dosages. This was most likely because I rarely left the house with him and we kept pretty much to ourselves.  But here in Kansas,  we don't like to stay home all day and the boys have been germing it up with their peers non-stop.  Sometimes it feels like constant barrage of runny noses, fevers, puking, sneezing, and diarrhea is plaguing our home.  

I'm usually not much of a germaphobe but toddlers are straight up disgusting little creatures.  They eat dried up old food off floors, wash their hands in toilets, drink bathwater, lick toys, lick doorknobs,  lick shoe soles, lick their friends, sneeze on each other, wipe their noses on their sleeves, their blankets, their mom's new shirt...I could go on and on...just really, really, gross.

And sick kids don't sleep.  Or they will only sleep if you stay awake all night to hold them.

And sick kids like getting sick on a Friday so you have to go to the ER for care instead of being able to make an appointment with the pediatrician.  

Here's DW & AW practicing stellar hygiene at daycare.  Ebola outbreak, say what? 
 
But as much as these sick little disease carrying kids gross me out with their antics - I keep hugging and kissing them all day long.  And as much as I'm tired from holding them all night, I would feather be tired than see them suffer.  And as much as I love going out club-hopping with my friends on the weekends, I'd would rather spend my Friday night in the waiting room of the ER if it means they'll get the meds they need to get better quickly.  They really are just that cute...even covered in gooey boogers.  

Now let's cross our fingers these boys stay healthy throughout flu season.

No comments:

Post a Comment