Thursday, October 30, 2014

A trip to Pumpkin Hollow.

It's almost Halloween!  That means pumpkin patches, jack-o-lanterns, candy and costumes.  And CANDY!!!

I took the boys to a local farm the other day for some fall fun.  As I was rummaging through DW's closet to get them dressed for the day I found a pumpkin shirt that was AW's from his first Halloween a few years ago.  I thought, "Oh! That will look so cute...and might as well get one more use out of this shirt before it's too late."  Here's DW rocking his pumpkin shirt on his life size pumpkin checker board.  I bet in his head he's trying to reenact a scene from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone or something.

And now I'll let you in on my rookie parenting mistake of the day: if you are going to put one of your children in a Halloween shirt, you'd better make sure you have a Halloween shirt for all the other children as well...or you will find yourself doing something like...well, printing off spider clip art from your computer and scotch-taping it to your other child's shirt to keep him happy...

It may not look super classy...but I will say, the spider paper did stay on his shirt all day, which was pretty impressive seeing as he was rolling around in corn mazes and hay bales...and not once did he think there was anything wrong or different about his cool "halloween shirt."  Win for me!

The farm had so many really neat things for the kids to do at "Pumpkin Hollow."  A hay slide, corn maze, barrel tractor ride, horse-drawn hayride, and a huge container of corn just to sit in and go nuts. They had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment